Primary Axillary Hyperhidrosis
Primary Axillary Hyperhidrosis is excess sweating of the underarms. Of the approximately 3% of Americans who suffer from excessive sweating, 50% involve the underarms. Underarm problems tend to start during puberty, may continue throughout life.
Excessive sweating can be embarrassing and cause individuals to feel self conscious during social and business interactions.
BOTOX injections are an FDA approved treatment for axillary hyperhidrosis that is inadequately managed with topical agents.
How Does It Work
1. Provider performs a Minor iodine-starch test to determine best location for injections.
2. The area is marked for injection.
3. A topical anesthetic is applied.
4. Numerous injections are given in each armpit.
5. Results generally take effect 2 to 4 days after the injections.